AVS Forum banner

1721 - 1740 of 1773 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a thread on Slickdeals saying someone got accepted for x4700h at 1199 counter. Also it was briefly listed on Amazon for that price. Someone is also saying they were accepted at $949 for x3700h on greentoe.
Can confirm. I just put in an offer for $900 on an x3700h, and within a few minutes I received a counter offer of $949 (taxes and shipping included).
I think when I checked a day or two ago the 3700 said it was backordered, but today it let me put in an offer.

·
Registered
660 Posts
You arent suppose to divulge the name of the authorized retail. Thats part of the rules of using green toe so they can continue offering great detals. YOu may want to edit your original post.
I've heard this before, but never found anything on the Greentoe website, including their FAQs, that says this. Do you happen to know where this is stated? I wonder if it's a misinterpretation of Greentoe's policy not to divulge their retailers until the offer is accepted. I don't see the harm in naming the retailer after the purchase. I believe authorized retailers are only prohibited from advertising a lower price, but can and do offer lower prices if you call or negotiate in-store.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I've heard this before, but never found anything on the Greentoe website, including their FAQs, that says this. Do you happen to know where this is stated? I wonder if it's a misinterpretation of Greentoe's policy not to divulge their retailers until the offer is accepted. I don't see the harm in naming the retailer after the purchase. I believe authorized retailers are only prohibited from advertising a lower price, but can and do offer lower prices if you call or negotiate in-store.
I don’t remember the exact verbiage but, when I bought a TV and AVR through Greentoe a couple years back they definitely asked in an email not to publish the sellers’ names.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Not naming the retailer is stated expressly in an "Important Information" email they send after an offer has been accepted:

We wanted to reach out and send you a friendly reminder that while we encourage you to spread the word about your deal, it is very important that you never reveal the retailer name (even in private messaging within forums). So, please share the concept and the deal on forums, social media, and everywhere. But, keep the retailer name confidential.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is a thread on Slickdeals saying someone got accepted for x4700h at 1199 counter. Also it was briefly listed on Amazon for that price. Someone is also saying they were accepted at $949 for x3700h on greentoe.
I also got the x4700h at 1199 counter from greentoe. 6 days to accept it or modify offer. Cool site. Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dayum. Placed a bid for the x4700 on Wednesday, and it arrived today already. Haven't set it up yet but looks brand new and pristine. $1199.

Used them for an 85 inch Sony TV and saved $700 with that, too. I can wholeheartedly endorse Greentoe. Weird name, though.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Every receiver I check on Greentoe is always out of stock. I don't need anything too crazy and have been looking at another Sony STR-DN1080 but it's never available to place a bid. When I check other AVRs, they all seem to be the same situation. Is it just bad timing on my part?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It's probably a timing thing. If there are only a single or a few resellers their supply probably can't meet demand.
However, if you don't need a high-end receiver, that new Costco Yamaha TSR-700 is a better-featured receiver than the Sony STR-DN1080 for less money.
You may want to consider that instead.

Every receiver I check on Greentoe is always out of stock. I don't need anything too crazy and have been looking at another Sony STR-DN1080 but it's never available to place a bid. When I check other AVRs, they all seem to be the same situation. Is it just bad timing on my part?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just accepted Denon AVR-3700h deal through Greentoe for 899. I offered 850, received counter offer 15 min later. Really wanted the 4700, but they were sold out. Hopefully Auro 3d is not that big of a deal!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to all who post on this thread! I'm keeping a close eye out for the avr-x4700h to restock at Greentoe, would love to score one at the $1199 price. Patience ...

Just accepted Denon AVR-3700h deal through Greentoe for 899. I offered 850, received counter offer 15 min later. Really wanted the 4700, but they were sold out. Hopefully Auro 3d is not that big of a deal!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1721 - 1740 of 1773 Posts