AVS Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1773 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
In 2017, I bought a brand new Denon x4300h for $675 no tax free shipping from abt.com. It looks like even the 3700 is more expensive than that. aVRs must have gone up in price in the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
90 Posts
In 2017, I bought a brand new Denon x4300h for $675 no tax free shipping from abt.com. It looks like even the 3700 is more expensive than that. aVRs must have gone up in price in the last year.

Tariffs raised prices on many of the components used to build the AVRs and the pandemic has put severe strain on the supply chain (with factories shutting down and/or running at lower capacity, etc.).

It’s a pretty crappy time to need a new AVR.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

Yep. Short supply and expensive. Glad I bought my 4500 when I did. I paid $899.00 at Frys in January, 2019. Lucky timing.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
On the plus side, if you want to get rid of your old receiver on the secondary market, you can do a lot better than a few years ago too. I sold my Strdn1080 and basically broke even from what I paid for it 3-4 years ago.

·
Registered
823 Posts
While waiting for the Denon AVR-X4700H to be back in stock at Greentoe, the Marantz SR6014 showed up on Amazon for $899. It looks like it's available from multiple vendors at that price; I ended up buying it from one of the Amazon affiliates (Gramophone), as they do not charge tax outside of MD/DC.

·
Registered
359 Posts
While waiting for the Denon AVR-X4700H to be back in stock at Greentoe, the Marantz SR6014 showed up on Amazon for $899. It looks like it's available from multiple vendors at that price; I ended up buying it from one of the Amazon affiliates (Gramophone), as they do not charge tax outside of MD/DC.
I too was waiting for the X4700h discounted at Greentoe or cave and buy the 2020 Marantz SR6015 @ list ($1599). The SR6014 has been on my radar for 5 or 6 months. The Marantz's were my first choice only for 7.1 analog inputs but was willing to go with the Denon. Thanks for the heads-up. I snagged one at Gramophone also. Has Amazon free returns so if something drastic happens in the next 10 days I'm covered. I figure I saved $300 from Denon or $700 on Marantz.

Delivery to Cali Oct 27th-30th. Of course I did have to pay tax in Cali.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I too was waiting for the X4700h discounted at Greentoe or cave and buy the 2020 Marantz SR6015 @ list ($1599). The SR6014 has been on my radar for 5 or 6 months. The Marantz's were my first choice only for 7.1 analog inputs but was willing to go with the Denon. Thanks for the heads-up. I snagged one at Gramophone also. Has Amazon free returns so if something drastic happens in the next 10 days I'm covered. I figure I saved $300 from Denon or $700 on Marantz.

Regarding tax, it can be avoided by ordering directly from the Gramophone website (skybygramophone [dot] com), rather than via Amazon. That might make returns trickier, though.

·
Registered
95 Posts

I have been looking at receivers also, including the Denon 4700h and 3700h as well as more "premium" brands, but I think I might give the 6014 a shot. I do have some concerns, but the return policy is very generous. The item is sold by Gramophone, but I was told from an Amazon representative that as it is fulfilled by Amazon, Amazon's return policy applies. In addition to free returns, the return period is extended to January 31, 2021 for the upcoming holidays (getting a head start on things, I guess).

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have been looking at receivers also, including the Denon 4700h and 3700h as well as more "premium" brands, but I think I might give the 6014 a shot. I do have some concerns, but the return policy is very generous. The item is sold by Gramophone, but I was told from an Amazon representative that as it is fulfilled by Amazon, Amazon's return policy applies. In addition to free returns, the return period is extended to January 31, 2021 for the upcoming holidays (getting a head start on things, I guess).
Great news on the return extension. Unless somebody drastically drops the price on the Marantz SR6015 over Black Friday I'll be good with 6014. Both the 3700h & 4700h are good choices. I would have been ok with the 3700h until the recent price drop on the 4700h. I've analyzed myself into a coma so I'm really ready to start enjoying my decision. Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'll be good with 6014. Both the 3700h & 4700h are good choices. I would have been ok with the 3700h until the recent price drop on the 4700h. I've analyzed myself into a coma so I'm really ready to start enjoying my decision. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Thank you. I sympathize with the analysis paralysis. They are all good options and, absent a few feature differences, probably fairly indistinguishable from one another.
Enjoy your purchase when it arrives.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Thank you. I sympathize with the analysis paralysis. They are all good options and, absent a few feature differences, probably fairly indistinguishable from one another.
Enjoy your purchase when it arrives.
The one issue I had when I was looking at the Marantz was its terrible, basically useless little display. But that's not something everyone cares about.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was just about to purchase the x2600h from bestbuy for 599, but it looks like they are sold out online and in my local stores now.

Do you guys think there will be anything comparable at that price point this holiday season? Any chance in hell the x2700h will have a sale anywhere close to that?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The X2700H is roughly the same price, and may be found for less using sites discussed here like greentoe.
The Yamaha RX-V6A is roughly equivalent at about the same price, with the TSR-700 being a steal.
I don't think there will be a substantial sale because of low supply.

I was just about to purchase the x2600h from bestbuy for 599, but it looks like they are sold out online and in my local stores now.

Do you guys think there will be anything comparable at that price point this holiday season? Any chance in hell the x2700h will have a sale anywhere close to that?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If anyone's interested:

As I type, there is a single Pioneer Elite SC-LX701 (model year 2017, roughly equivalent to Denon AVR-X4400H) on the best buy website listed as "Open Box Excellent" for $679.99

Now that 11 Trading's up and running, that should carry a new 3yr warranty

Firmware updates added HLG (added to DV + HDR10), Airplay 2, Amazon Music, Tidal, Deezer, and 'Works with Sonos' functionality.
It also has preamp modes, able to turn off all, L/R or LCR amps to speakers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
They are both 2018 models.

The 3500 has 7 channels. If you don’t need 9 channels, it’s $499

The 4500 has Auro-3d and 15 more watts. It is $100 more than the 6014.

The display is different between Marantz receivers and Denon receivers.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
They are both 2018 models.

The 3500 has 7 channels. If you don’t need 9 channels, it’s $499

The 4500 has Auro-3d and 15 more watts. It is $100 more than the 6014.

The display is different between Marantz receivers and Denon receivers.
I chose 4500 because of Auro-3D

1741 - 1760 of 1773 Posts