AVS Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 1891 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
They are both 2018 models.

The 3500 has 7 channels. If you don’t need 9 channels, it’s $499

The 4500 has Auro-3d and 15 more watts. It is $100 more than the 6014.

The display is different between Marantz receivers and Denon receivers.
May I ask where you could you have the 3500 for 499 dollars? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have been watching receiver prices for the last couple of months because of redoing my home theater and an old receiver died. I just happen to look at Crutchfield because they have good pictures and info. They had the AVR-X3600H for $799. I couldn't resist. Crutchfield of all places. You usually have to pay extra for the nice website. I was patiently waiting on Greentoe to come back in stock on the 3700.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I actually see a few places that have the Denon avr-x3600h on sale for $799. I’m really thinking about jumping on it.

I was kind of waiting until Black Friday to see if there were any good sales but I’ve been watching AVR prices for months and this is the best deal on the x3600h I’ve seen.

decisions, decisions... lol

·
Registered
535 Posts
Crutchfield has that Denon avr-x3600h on sale for $799 right now.
Well, thanks a pantload, Chet. Before reading this thread update I had no intention of buying a new receiver anytime in the near future, But you made me start to think about it and too many little things started to add up. My TSR-7850 has always done some things I didn't like plus I've been wanting a full 9.1/11.1 system and I already have extra speakers and amps (previously owned a stereo repair shop).

Anyway, the Denon is $799 pretty much everywhere now so I bought it from eBay (WorldWideStereo) because I got a $25 coupon from WIKIBUY (Code:WIKIBUY) and I have a Chase CC that I have 18 months no interest on plus 5% back from eBay this quarter.

If I was married my wife would hate you but since I'm not...I thank you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Did Denon release a huge stock of the X3600H? I was able to grab one sold and shipped by Amazon yesterday for $799 as well. I was more interested in the X3700 since it's newer, but my understanding is they removed the analog to HDMI conversion for that model. Since I have a few older component video game systems, the X3600 seems like a better choice (and much cheaper too).

·
Registered
163 Posts

A number of places are listing that new price on the x3600h as a “price drop” (vs. 1 place listing it as a “sale” price).

Do you guys think this new $799 price is permanent? (I mean, it is a 2018 model, right?) If so, I feel like there’s a good chance that it’ll go on sale even more on Black Friday. But if it’s only a temporary sale price I think I’m going to grab one.

·
Registered
117 Posts

A number of places are listing that new price on the x3600h as a “price drop” (vs. 1 place listing it as a “sale” price).

Do you guys think this new $799 price is permanent? (I mean, it is a 2018 model, right?) If so, I feel like there’s a good chance that it’ll go on sale even more on Black Friday. But if it’s only a temporary sale price I think I’m going to grab one.
It's a 2019 model. They are clearing them out for the 2020 models, so they will only be around as long as they remain in stock. They may be around come Black Friday or they may sell out before then.

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
638 Posts
165W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10%, 1ch driven)
That is rather a garbage number (like many AVR manufacturers use).
This is the more realistic number:
75W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Driven

I have the S750H, it has had no problem driving my 5.1.2 home theater setup (my speakers are fairly easy to power, see details in my sig below). I have been quite happy with it. I will be upgrading to a Denon X6700 soon, mainly because I am adding 7 more speakers.

Reactions: chikoo

·
Registered
163 Posts
I ended up ordering the Denon avr-x3600h. I couldn’t pass up that price. Thanks to everyone who altered me to the deal!

When I checked the price history on CamelCamelCamel this was the cheapest the x3600h has ever been (of the sites/stores they track anyway).

I was going to get it thru CrtchField but after a bit of reading I ended up ordering from ListenUp on amazon.
They’re an authorized Denon retailer and they offer a 60 day price match guarantee, so o figure that’ll take me right thru Black Friday to Christmas. So if it does happen to drop in price again I’ll just have to let them know instead of trying to pack it up and return it through the amazon extended return policy (which runs till the end of January but said it was for new and unopened items in the Denon product listing).

ahh I’m so excited! My current avr is an old entry level Denon (Avr-590) that came in a Boston HTiB setup.
It’s only 1080p capable so I have it hooked up with an optical cable so I don’t lose 4k video, which limits my surround sound options and I believe gives me lossy audio (?).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ended up ordering the Denon avr-x3600h. I couldn’t pass up that price. Thanks to everyone who altered me to the deal!

When I checked the price history on CamelCamelCamel this was the cheapest the x3600h has ever been (of the sites/stores they track anyway).

I was going to get it thru CrtchField but after a bit of reading I ended up ordering from ListenUp on amazon.
They’re an authorized Denon retailer and they offer a 60 day price match guarantee, so o figure that’ll take me right thru Black Friday to Christmas. So if it does happen to drop in price again I’ll just have to let them know instead of trying to pack it up and return it through the amazon extended return policy (which runs till the end of January but said it was for new and unopened items in the Denon product listing).

ahh I’m so excited! My current avr is an old entry level Denon (Avr-590) that came in a Boston HTiB setup.
It’s only 1080p capable so I have it hooked up with an optical cable so I don’t lose 4k video, which limits my surround sound options and I believe gives me lossy audio (?).
I want my Denon 3600 too! (originally was thinking 3700)... Thanks for sharing why you ended up going with ListenUp. $800 for that receiver lower price coming or not, is still a great price!

Enjoy the new receiver!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I want my Denon 3600 too! (originally was thinking 3700)... Thanks for sharing why you ended up going with ListenUp. $800 for that receiver lower price coming or not, is still a great price!

Enjoy the new receiver!
Thanks, you too! I can’t wait to get it and set it up. I’m already thinking of ways I can rearrange the room to best set up all the new speakers (I’m coming from an old 5.1 receiver, so, lots of new options! 😁 )

·
Registered
40 Posts
Listen up's price for the x3600H went up to 899 through Amazon. Would Crutchfield or World Wide Stereo my best bet? Or should I just grab it on Listen Ups website directly?

1761 - 1780 of 1891 Posts