AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i always take seriously forum suggestions(one of the most complete) and now i need your help to choose receiver and sp?s...

I am looking a receiver for music(70%) and movies(30%).for a 40sq hall.

I have a pair of klipsch sf-2 and i want a suround set too...

For receivers i am between:

1.HK avr255

2.Denon avr-1909

3.Onkyo tx-sr 606

4.Yamaha rx-v663

And for loudspeakers between:

1.Boston acoustics mcs-100

2.Yamaha ns-p446

Please help...

Thanks.

P.s. I own an onkyo 343 for stereo and i am pleased(get's very hot) and it's time to change it.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I think the Onkyo TX-SR606 is the hands down bang-for-the-buck winner. I've had mine for 7 months and love it.

I would go with the BA set from your choices, but think Polk Audio RM6880 would sound much better, or look here:
http://www.hifi.com/store/category.c...ry=hometheater

and check out the HT155-SE or HT305 (my choice) as great values at this sale price. The MC155 speakers go down to 100Hz vs 120Hz on the BAs you are looking at, so mid-range should be better. The Yamaha speakers are 6 ohm and will work your AVR a little harder.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
There are lots of threads that address these types of questions. I suggest a search.

You also haven't mentioned a budget, which make giving recommendations difficult.

Most people will suggest their favourite brands, because they know and like them.

So here are mine:

- get a Marantz receiver (excellent for music and HT); best selection and prices is at accessories4less

- get KEF iQx speakers, they are being liquidated (best prices at Vanns, then OneCall, then accessories4less); search there for models iQ7, iQ6,iQ5, iQ5, iQ3, iQ2, iQ1; pick the best your budget can afford (again, many threads in the speakers area to browse)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts