AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This probably seems pretty stupid, but I was wondering if an AV receiver can act as an HDMI signal booster?

I will have an HDMI cable that will run from my projector into a HDMI wall plate in the ceiling, then have another HDMI cable run from the wall plate across the ceiling in the attic and down the wall into another wall plate that will connect to my AVR. I'm guessing that total lenth of the cable would be around 25' but I'm worried about the extra connections that will happen in the wall plates. Also there are some power wires in the attic that go to electrial outlets in the room.

Would it help if I ran the HDMI cable in some large conduit to help avoid interference?

I don't know $hit about HDMI or it's signal capabilities so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm running a 35 foot Monoprice cable directly from my Upconvert DVD to my Projector. Its been working perfectly.

I dont know if your wall plates will make any difference or not.

One thing you could try is just run the connections on your living room floor with all the wall plates and cables you intend to use in place. Then you will have a good idea on whether it will work or not. If you do have problems it would allow you to test each cable and wall plate to find out what is giving you the problem. Much easier finding and diagnosing a problem in the living room then in the attic.

I definitely tested my HDMI cable before I ran it in the attic.

Please update the thread after you get it all hooked up. I would like to know how it turns out. Good Luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a cheap HDMI repeater on monoprice for like 30 bucks. I think I will go ahead and order one with the wall plates and the cable. I'm curious if it works because all the others that I have seen like it cost about 5 times as much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.