AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, professional musician here, I recently bought a set of 7 sls q line gold speakers, with a bic 1020 subwoofer, My tv's a sharp aquos. I'll be using the receiver with my ps3 mainly for movies/gaming, also I want to use this with my computer via optical, for music/recordings.

I contacted SLS and they said "these speakers are labeled as 4ohm speakers, but rarely reach such low levels of impedance. They are consitently around 6 ohms and will be adequately driven by a receiver that is at least 100 watts p/ch..."

I'm trying to decide which one is a better receiver good for my ears, taking into consideration the total harmonic distortion (THD) of each one

here are the following receivers, they're all around the same price that I can afford right now:
  • Onkyo TX-NR-609
  • Pioneer VSX-1020
  • Yamaha RX-V567BL

Please help me decide which one would be best or if there's any other suggestion please tell.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I would take a Denon over all your choices. But I too would move up to the 667. The 667 uses dicrete amps whereas the 567 does not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the feedbacks I've updated the list:
  • Denon AVR-1911
  • Denon AVR-1611
  • Yamaha RX-V667

there they are, I changed the Onkyo and pioneer for the denon's, please let me know which one would be the best. I want to get the best bang for buck.

Thank you

·
Registered
29,194 Posts
Either the 1911 or 667. No reason to get the 1611 if you can get the 1911 in the same price range.

The advantage of the 667 would be that you can add an external amp if you ever need more power.

There was nothing wrong with the Onkyo 609 as it is THX certified so should have enough power too. Its sister receiver is the RC360 which have the same power specs as the 609 but can be had for less money. The two Onkyos have ethernet port for internet radio, Pandora streaming etc.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/20791488

Either the 1911 or 667. No reason to get the 1611 if you can get the 1911 in the same price range.

The advantage of the 667 would be that you can add an external amp if you ever need more power.

There was nothing wrong with the Onkyo 609 as it is THX certified so should have enough power too. Its sister receiver is the RC360 which have the same power specs as the 609 but can be had for less money. The two Onkyos have ethernet port for internet radio, Pandora streaming etc.

If you live near a Fry's, they have the 609 for $299.

·
Registered
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt
Yep the Onkyo 609 is $299 at Frys today only.
that is an excellent deal ..

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn
that is an excellent deal ..
$100 cheaper than Amazon.

·
Registered
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1
$100 cheaper than Amazon.
I'm almost tempted to buy one .. even though I don't need it ..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol, thanks guys but I only need one.

Which one would be the best option taking into consideration sound quality, the yamaha 667, denon 1911 or the onkyo 609 ???

·
Registered
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercool
lol, thanks guys but I only need one.

Which one would be the best option taking into consideration sound quality, the yamaha 667, denon 1911 or the onkyo 609 ???
Your speakers and room treatment plays a much larger role in sound than a modern AVR does .. pick the one that has the features you want ..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm thinking the Denon, but the Onkyo is THX certified, I don't know if it would be good for music though. I thought this was going to be easy. hahaha

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've decided I'm going with the Denon 1911. In terms of funtionality it has less than the others but in terms of sound quality it's far superior.

Thank you so much everyone for helping me decide which one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts