AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased Energy speakers CF70 and now looking for a receiver. I am in between Onkyo HT-RC370 and Denon AVR 2112ci. I will use it mostly for TV and movies with some music.

Can you help get input from the experts =) or someone is owning these system. Just want to see which is more suitable for me. I am also open to other suggestions.

Thanks,

T

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Real Budget for this purchase?

Pretty darn nice speakers. I have an RC270 owner that is seriously considering those speakers as well. If you get the Onkyo, make sure to come back and give some impressions of it with those speakers please.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The 2112 doesn't upconvert video either I don't think. I am looking at these two as well, and I am leaning towards the Onkyo. It's cheaper, right at your budget.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebold88 /forum/post/0

The 2112 doesn't upconvert video either I don't think. I am looking at these two as well, and I am leaning towards the Onkyo. It's cheaper, right at your budget.

I lean more to the Onkyo as well bc of it's features. 2112 actually cheaper. Some people got it for 450 or less from electronicexpos

·
Registered
500 Posts
Oh, wow, that's a lot less than anywhere I've seen. The Onkyo still seems to have everything I could want, plus a bit more power and THX certified. The 2112 does come with a year longer warranty though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I setup HT-RC370 with Energy CF70 speakers for front and Monoprice 8" 15 degree angle speakers for surround and back (7.1 setup). I didn't play with much configuration withing the receiver, but already impressed with the quality of the front speakers. It sound warm with powerful comparing to my KEF5005.2 using in the living room. There are multiple listening modes offer by the receiver, so I've been jumping all over places in this setting - just stick with All Stereo for now.

The both receiver and front speakers support bi-amp, but I am not sure if it's worth to set it up without purchasing an amp. I read somewhere saying that it's not much use because the receiver will split up the power source...any input on this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a delay when switching between HD to SD channels. It's fairly annoying, I guess because of up-covert for video. I didn't get this with my denon, but not sure if it even up-convert video.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyaway718 /forum/post/20893848

I setup HT-RC370 with Energy CF70 speakers for front and Monoprice 8" 15 degree angle speakers for surround and back (7.1 setup). I didn't play with much configuration withing the receiver, but already impressed with the quality of the front speakers. It sound warm with powerful comparing to my KEF5005.2 using in the living room. There are multiple listening modes offer by the receiver, so I've been jumping all over places in this setting - just stick with All Stereo for now.

The both receiver and front speakers support bi-amp, but I am not sure if it's worth to set it up without purchasing an amp. I read somewhere saying that it's not much use because the receiver will split up the power source...any input on this?

As long as you are using a subwoofer bi-amping front speakers on a receiver is a waste and just ties up amps better used as surround or zone 2 or not at all. If the fronts need more power connect a stereo external amp. The answer for standard def is avoid it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts