AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the 3005s from CC for what I think is a steal, and I was hoping someone would give me advice on which receiver to buy for it. I think my spending sweetspot is around 400, and what I was looking for was something that can meet the needs of the speakers and have some good bells and whistles. I've been told to stay away from the Sonys even though they rate themselves at 120W. Does anyone have any advice over what to buy?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
735 Posts
The Yamaha RX-V663 has all the bells and whistles and would work well with that. They won't require to much power because the sub will be producing the low end.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just another question. this might seem stupid but i am a noob. the total output of this device is 665W. since i am using only a 5.1 speaker, does this mean i would get about 133w of power per speaker? just trying to understand how it works

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi There,

Go grab it for 669 (If you get one..) I have these - Jewels of Speakers I would say.

I got a set in open box from CC also.. I love these.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakar80124 /forum/post/14335694

The Yamaha RX-V663 has all the bells and whistles and would work well with that. They won't require to much power because the sub will be producing the low end.

Yamaha RX463 would do a fine job also (if you are going to be confined to 5.1) and not expanding to 7.1

I am amply satisfied with the Yamaha 463 + KEF 3005 set.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah this is my problem I am kinda regretting not having gotten the onkyo 606s. i hear much better reviews from them

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and yea i got them at cc for under 700. i think its an amazing deal. i just was wondering if anyone had a preference between the 663 and the 606 given i dont really care about the hdmi

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

First Post:

9:29am Which receiver to buy ?

9:47am Yamaha RX-V663

10:18am Just purchased it..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Damn!! The CC site link I posted below with $699 KEF 3005s is dead now. Wonder if I'll ever find them for that price anywhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamraj /forum/post/14345629

I'm considering buying the same speakers along with the Onkyo SR-606 receiver.

BTW jzl1388, did you pay $699 for the KEF? I just saw that unbelievable price at
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/KEF-5...oductDetail.do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts