AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have ordered a Paradigm Studio series 5.1 Home Theater speaker system consisting of the following:

Fronts - Studio 60

Center - CC-590

Surrounds - ADP-590

Sub - UltraCube 12

What would be a good receiver to mate with this speaker package?

Budget is around 1K, give or take a little. Have been considering an Onkyo TX-NR807, Integra DTR-40.1, and Integra DTR-50.1.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,

Mike

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Onkyo 876 at tigerdirect would fit that budget. Refurbed units from accessories4less from Marantz and Onkyo. Several different models. You may also want to look at the Onkyo RC180, almost identical to the 807 for less money. I would make sure whatever you buy does have pre-outs in case you want to add an amp later. You could also go for a lesser model AVR like the Yamaha 665 and get an Emotiva XPA3 amp for powering the fronts and let the AVR power the surrounds. Good luck and hunting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Phantom52. I forgot all about Emotiva. I am using a couple of their smaller amps in my whole house audio system. I'll give them a look.

·
Registered
196 Posts
+1 for the Onkyo 876; great (not so little) receiver with lots of flexability and great sound. Lots of power to drive the Paradigms and more importantly, it sounds great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses, will give both the Onkyo 876 and the Pioneer sc-25 a look. looked at the Emotiva amps and they looked pretty solid, however not too wild about their pre amps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know what the differences are between comparable Integra and Onkyo receivers? I know that the Integra has a better warranty, but there has to be more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts