AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at Anthem MRX700, Marantz SR7005, or Denon 4311ci at the moment but am willing to listen to any new ideas.

2 Channel and SACD/DVDA multichannel playback will be 80% of use.

Movies in 7.1 and TV Viewing will be remaining 20%.

High quality music playback is my focus. What do you recommend?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1420510/receiver-help-2000-budget-for-paradigm-reference-studio-60-7-1-setup#post_22224131

Can't speak for the Anthem , but the 4311CI (Audyssey XT32) is a level above the 7005 (XT) which is more comparable to the Denon 3311CI (XT).

Thank you for the response. I am very confused as it seems everyone judges the receivers based on their Audyssey or other room correction system and not on the amps themselves. Am i missing something or is that the only consideration these days and all amps are that similar? I just want to ensure this receiver will sound as good as my old Marantz SR-19EX and have the new technology of today. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I have the Denon 4311, simply because it's by far the best value when it comes to power and features. It's only a few months old so I can't speak to quality, but with regards to performance I have no complaints thus far. When the price dropped I was about to buy an Anthem, but not the 700. My primary interest was in the Anthem Room Correction, so I would probably have bought the 300 as a pre-pro and added external power at a later date. I'm closer to 50/50 on movies/music. The hardcore audiophiles will probably suggest exernal power but IMO your short list looks pretty good.

·
Premium Member
90,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alour  /t/1420510/receiver-help-2000-budget-for-paradigm-reference-studio-60-7-1-setup/0_100#post_22225072

Thank you for the response. I am very confused as it seems everyone judges the receivers based on their Audyssey or other room correction system and not on the amps themselves. Am i missing something or is that the only consideration these days and all amps are that similar? I just want to ensure this receiver will sound as good as my old Marantz SR-19EX and have the new technology of today. Any ideas?

The type of room correction used will make a bigger difference than the amps, and as most 4311CI owners have noted going from a "XT" AVR (eg. 7005) to "XT32" was a noticeable improvement in audio fidelity. PM member "ccotenj" who can give you first hand experience going from the AV7005 w/external amp to the A100 (similar to 4311CI).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it seems the 4311 can be had for around what I would be paying for the MRX-700. I cannot audition both of these pieces of equipment in the same room so has anyone done a direct comparison for music playback? I also would consider the new Pioneer Elite receivers, any feedback on them compared to the 4311 and MRX-700?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts