AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not even considered Sony in my receiver research. I have had back luck with some of their products but I just found out I can get a substantial discount on some of their stuff. Up till now I have been leaning towards the Onkyo 876 first, Denon 2809 second. Now I am throwing the Sony str-da5400es into the mix. How does it compare to the other two mentioned. Any help would be appreciated as my brain seems to be on the verge of melting from reading all the sundry details on these models. Is there a huge difference between any of them?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
onkyo would give you best bang for the buck. beter video processing probably a bit more powerful than the denon--havent used any of the new es stuff for the last 5 years. if it were me id go with the onk.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denophile /forum/post/15452593

onkyo would give you best bang for the buck. beter video processing probably a bit more powerful than the denon--havent used any of the new es stuff for the last 5 years. if it were me id go with the onk.

Based on what??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I have been leaning towards the Onkyo but haven't made up my mind and then when I found out the deal I could get on the Sony then I was uncertain again. I am not certain about bang for buck as I can get the Sony 5400es for $1088. I really am sold on the Onkyo so I should prob go that direction or at least demo it. My uncertanty is why I am asking for opinions.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.