AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first receiver I've ever owned, so please excuse the newbie-ness. Here is my problem:

I have a Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K and am having trouble with setting up my system to work properly. I have my cable box connected to the receiver via HDMI. I also have RCA component from the cable box going directly to my TV (for when I don't want to use my surround sound and also because HDMI through on the receiver causes the commercials to be REALLY loud). The problem is I can't seem to be able to send audio from HDMI to Zone 2 (I'm using Zone 2 for my outdoor speakers and want to be able to have Zone 2 on while Zone 1 is off).

From what I've read in the manual/google searches, it's because I cannot send digital audio to zone 2 because it's analog. With that said, I somehow need to be able to send analog audio from my cable box (even though I'm already using the RCA out for my TV) to my receiver so I can use it for Zone 2.

My question is, will optical from my cable box to my receiver work so I can listen to my cable box in Zone 2 or is that digital as well? Do they make some type of RCA audio splitter that can split the RCA audio from my cable box so I can use it for when I'm going directly to my TV or listening to Zone 2?

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just thought of something. If I got an HDMI splitter, I could split the signal from my cable box to the receiver and then directly to the TV, then use the rca audio out from my cable box to go directly to my receiver for the analog zone 2.

If that would work, does anyone recommend a 1x2 HDMI splitter?

Thanks,

Ryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts