AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of starting my first home theater setup. I'm getting a Sanyo PLV-Z1 projector. I'll use that half the time, and the other half my tube TV. I have 4 picture sources to choose from: VCR, DVD, Satellite, Analog Cable.

So I'd like to be able to switch any one of these signals over to the projector, or over to my tv, depending on what I'm watching. How can I easily switch these signals around? Is there an audio/video receiver that can do this for me? I prefer a Sony receiver for now.

Looking for a receiver around $300 or $400.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
In that price range your choices of receivers with component switching may be slim. There'll be plenty of S-video, composite connections.

Basically you could run all your video/audio into the receiver (including cable if you have a cable box that has video out or you'd have to run your TV video/audio out to the receiver). And then switch using the remote.

Something like the Sony STR-DE985 would be in your price range.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my understanding though, these receivers don't allow for 2 different video outputs. You can switch video inputs, but I want to output to a projector and also a tv. Both of them are standing in the same spot. They won't be on at the same time... I'll have tv on and projector off, and then switch tv off and projector on. But I need to be able to choose any input I want (cable, satellite or DVD) on either screen.

Is there a home theater receiver that can do this?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I would think you could do componant out to the TV (or PJ) and S-video out to the other. That would allow you to switch all sources through the monitor outputs. I'm guessing here but it should work.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joe. I'll give it a try. If it doesn't work, I think I've figured out a way (on paper) to route everything the way I want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.