AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope I am posting in the right place. I didn't see a general 'what to buy' thread so I thought I'd slap my own question down. I hope I am not posting to the wrong area or anything. If I am, feel free to move me or point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a receiver to pair with my fairly new M422i (a few months old - if you don't count it's a brand new replacement of a two weeks come Tuesday). Right now I have them hooked to the speakers I got for my 12th or 13th birthday. They are...lacking to say the least. They do sound a whole heck of a lot better than the TV speakers but, as anyone with a pair of ears knows, that isn't saying much at all. So I was thinking up picking up a receiver on the cheap and then hooking the Energy Take Classic system or one of the highly rated Monoprice systems. It won't be the system of my dreams, but hey I am a college student so anything is great :D.

My question is simply what would be good receiver on the cheap. We are talking as bare bones as we get that still sounds halfway decent. I do need at least optical (SPDIF) but I would like HDMI inputs as the M422i doesn't pass bitstream and drops some 5.1 sources to 2.0 PCM over optical. Used/refurb isn't a big deal to me as long as I am getting it from somewhere that will back it up (Amazon/Ebay from a high rated seller with a return policy/etc etc). I don't need any fancy features such as Airplay - though Airplay would be a bonus - or Bluetooth and marketing gimmicks don't get me :).

Sorry for rambling. I sort of tend to do that when I type these things out. I'm very long winded on the internet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
What's your budget?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts