AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Depends on your buget. I just got a Denon 3801 on clearance for about 750 from 6th ave. Awesome receiver. Has 7.1 souround all componment inputs and of course opticle and s video. for the price you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks guys! I actually have been considering the Denon 4802 and the Marantz SR-19EX and SR-18EX. They seem fairly similar on paper. I wonder what the differences are sonically?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Now that we all have purchased the LT-150 and have researched, we know that the best input is the VGA. I had been running S-video prior to this purchase and my AV receiver does not have component ins or outs (cool, I get to make a new purchase). Seems there are quite a few AV receivers out there in the $2000 range that would fit the bill but what about separates? How much would I have to spend to get a good preamp with the latest technologies and a good multi-channel power amp? Perhaps I could get a good preamp and use my current AV receiver as the amp. What do you think? What preamp/amp combination do you recommend?

[This message has been edited by lackey (edited 08-23-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.