AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently (yesterday) purchased some a/v equipment for HT(50%) and music (50%) but feel i may be short on power even before assembling the components.

here is the system i purchased:

fronts/studio 100's

cc/studio cc

rear/studio adp

sw/servo 15

Denon 3082/7.1/110wpc

also, my "room" or living area is rather small and does not have very good acoustical characteristics so i will not be able to push the speakers anywhere near their intended range. with these considerations in mind, do i 1) keep the receiver and purchase an additional amplifier for the fronts. if so, do i consider a 3-channel amp for the fronts (HT application) vs. a 2-channel (music). 2) return the receiver and purchase separates. 3) return the 100's (i really want to keep these if i move and the price was right 1300US) and purchase 40's?

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Give the reciever a go. If it isnt enough for you then start putting together separates. Benefit of separates...the amps rarely become obsolete....sound quality is generally better...on the down side...you add more gear...and they are more expensive...

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hello Mother,

In my opinion, you should definitely keep the Studio 100's, for they are the best speaker Paradigm makes.

And if budget is tight then keep the Denon receiver for now. And buy a good power amp later.

A good inexpensive, but good, hometheater amp is the ATI 1505 or 2505 amplifiers.

Another good option for you would be the EAD Powermaster 1000.

This way you can upgrade in steps and over time and not break the bank at once.

Just my 2cents, Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.