AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To all owners of modern receivers, I wonder if you have encountered something like this:

When Input Source material is set to Bitstream Dolby TrueHD/Atmos, the decoding overhead on the Receiver side seems to be so high that it affects the speed at which OSD is updated.

On my brand new VSX-1131, all button presses (vol+/-, up, down, left, right, enter/ok, status etc) are delayed 3-6 seconds before OSD starts to update, in a jumpy way too.

But if Input Source is set to PCM Multichannel, OSD updates are instantaneous. Even Bitstream Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 don't affect OSD. It's just Bitstream Atmos/TrueHD.

Is this normal behavior? I've tried replacing the HDMI cable just to rule out a bad cable. No difference. I also tried disabling various processing overheads such Dolby Loudness Management, Dolby Reflex Optimizer etc but none of them has an effect.

I wonder if this is considered "acceptable" or "norm"? Maybe something is wrong with my unit :confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.