AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I just set up my Comcast Motorola 3412 HDDVR with my Integra receiver. Went through the codes so I could control the TV, Motorola box and receiver with the Motorola remote. All works great except I have to choose between power on or power off on the receiver.

Integra is made by Onkyo so I tried the two codes supplied (both Integra's and Onkyo's codes). If I use one code the power all button turns everything on (box, tv and receiver) but when I try to shut down everything only the receiver stays on. When I use the other code only the TV and box turn on but then everything turns off with the remote.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Any suggestions? Though I am exteremly happy that I have the remote control the cable box and receiver volume withought having to press the "cable" or "aux" button to switch between, I would llike to see if there is an answer to the problem. I currently have gone with the remote set up to turn everything on and just turn the receiver off by hand (or by its own remote).

Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have an Integra receiver as well (DTR-7.1) and have the exact same issue with my TiVo remote. I programmed the Tivo remote to control the volume and power on the receiver, including a macro to power on everything at once. Unfortunately, since the receiver uses discrete IR codes for power on and power off, you're stuck with choosing one or the other.

I set mine up the same as you--the Tivo remote can turn everything on, and when I shut things down, I just turn off the receiver by hand. Not such a big deal in the long run.

Incidentally, I just picked up the Motorola DCT6200 STB from Comcast today to use with my new plasma HDTV. I was planning to get the HD-DVR box, but they were all out of them so I decided to just go with the non-DVR box for now. If only the Integra receiver had HDMI switching as well...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I am a little disappointed that Integra decide to use distinct codes for on and off, but I guess just a minor inconvenience. As I posted originally, I am just happy the Motorola remote is controlling the volume of the receiver without having to switch between the aux buttons.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Quick update...

I just got the Harmony 550 remote from Logitech, and their online database includes an IR code for "PowerToggle" that works on my Integra receiver. No idea how you would get it on another universal remote though, unless you could use the learning command from someone else who has the Harmony.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.