AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace a few component in my setup given some recent water damage. My dedicated 7.1 theater room is 13x18 that is treated primarily to watch Movies (60%) and PS4 games or HDsports. I need to replace my projector, Prepro/AVR and my sub-woofer. In my research, leaning towards another PrePro to replace my existing Onkyo PR-886 with a budget of $2400. My short list Onkyo 5509 (Preamp), Integra 80.3, or Denon AVR4320CI or possibly waiting for Emotiva XMC-1.

Does anyone have a suggestion on my short list or something else I should consider?

I am open to idea from what I read about not doing a Prepro at my price point, but having an AVR perform that function.

Additional Components

- Emotiva Speakers 6.3 LCR

- Emotiva Surrounds ERD

- Oppo 103

- Emotiva Amp - UPA-7

- Projector considering JVC 49U, Sony 55ES

- Subwoofer considering SVS either one SB13 Ultra or two PB12+

- Purchase Time-frame - 60 days

Thoughts?

·
Registered
15,079 Posts
You might want to evaluate the Marantz 8801 pre/pro also. Although its list price is a lot higher, I suspect its street price is only slightly more than the budget you mention. You have to call an authorized dealer to get a quote, though. They aren't allowed to advertise anything other than MSRP.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was thinking the marantz 8801 would be well outside budget. Do you know what the huge benefits above my short list would be?

·
Registered
15,079 Posts
I think most 8801 enthusiasts would point to the XLR connectors, plus enhanced power supply and analog output circuits. The chassis construction is better, too. So far as features are concerned, though, it's essentially identical to the Denon AVR 4520, but without the output amplifiers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I will look into it as an option. I also realized I meant Denon AVR 4520 in my original post so thanks for "politely" catching that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts