AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Try not to make this a long post, have Def tech BP 8060’scoming for the fronts, will be adding center and rears as time goes on. Currently have Infinity 5.1 set up, but from1998 so need an upgrade to say the least. For now though until I can get a 4K TV and cash to do so, my focus isjust going to be piece by piece and enjoy what I can music wise and add full movieenjoyment to the full set up whencomplete. My current AV is a JVC 5.1from 1997 it was good at the time but now need to get with today’s tech J In my quest for this new receiver I'm gettinglost, I like the Denon x2200, maybe the x3200, or 920s(price for this one) and the price tags, Ialso like the Marantz 6010. I’m morethan fine with an open box, like new, sales which still come with full warrantyand like the X’s with 3 yrs too. The 2300 is still too pricey and no dealsuntil they’ve been out for a while, I'm sure, and I've seen the Marantz for$899 which is why I bring it up.
I need 2 outputs as Ihave a connecting wall from lower lever to great room so they share the PlayStationand DVR. It’s a nice set up forthat. I’d like to have all inputs gointo the receiver and then have 2 HDMI outs to each TV. I like the idea of being able to also havevideo out while in standby since the great room TV will not be utilizing any speakers(have a sound bar connected and suits just fine). I also seen some reviews about having thesound turned down for night viewing which is pretty neat. I am not sure about Audyssey since Def Techis BP and I've read where you can’t really calibrate the system well, so notsure if going with higher end Denon to get the better calibration is worth it,but again if so, need to consider the higher end units, correct? Price point I want to be UNDER $600 but willingto spend more if necessary for these speakers(plan would be to stay all DefTech and not 100% sure of Atmos but want the option which the above all say Ican go Atmos). I'm willing to waitthough on deals/open box items to get me down into this price point. Hope this helps you guys help me and happy toadd to this…
BTW, you think an old JVC receiver will be OK for the DefTechs until I get a new receiver OR do I need to jump on a receiver now? I'm patient but don’t want things to soundlike crap for next 4-6 months.
Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To add as well, I'm open to other brands just looking for best bank for the buck that will drive what I plan to buy(including 4K TV) and has 2 outputs

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Well the X3200 will give you pre amp outputs but you have to go up to the X4200 in the 2015 Denon to get the best room correction EQ software in Audyssey XT32 with Sub EQ (more sub and speaker filters.) The 2016 X3300 now had the better Audyssey room correction in XT32 but won't have the discounts that the 2015 models are having and will have in the next few weeks. I'd get an X series in a Denon for the extra years warranty and Audyssey XT or a 2015 Yamaha Aventage receiver as they are the better built Yamaha receivers with popular built in DSP's , discreet amps and adjustable but limited 1/3 octave target curves in YPAO's room correction software.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
88,885 Posts
The second HDMI monitor output on the X2200W, X2300W, and S920W simply mirrors the first output while playing audio to the surround speakers. In order to pass HDMI video/audio to the Great room TV/soundbar, you'll need to upgrade to either the X3200W, X3300W, or SR6010 all of which have a Zone 2 HDMI monitor output that is required for your use case. The X3300W is expected to be released in the next few weeks. Call for pricing and to get on our pre-order list if interested.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The second HDMI monitor output on the X2200W, X2300W, and S920W simply mirrors the first output while playing audio to the surround speakers. In order to pass HDMI video/audio to the Great room TV/soundbar, you'll need to upgrade to either the X3200W, X3300W, or SR6010 all of which have a Zone 2 HDMI monitor output that is required for your use case. The X3300W is expected to be released in the next few weeks. Call for pricing and to get on our pre-order list if interested.

I use the same dvr for both TVs and at this point the other TV room is not being used while the other is. The mirroring may not be a bad thing. The only thing I can think of would be when the kids are playing video games and I'm watching tv. That being said I could just run a dedicated video game cable to tv but the purpose of this eventually will be to have a clean look and only one cable to the tv(once I get a new one)

Last question, since the def tech has built in subs and may not need a dedicated sub can you point me to a few links to show proper hook up, lfe sub out, or not? I'd also be curious what I need to do IF I decide to add a sub in that case too.

Thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts