AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
confused....If u have a av receiver with a built in scaler...Do u run your stb,360,dvd,etc. through this 1st and then the tv, or is it worse doing this because your going through more switching processes versus just going from the dvd,360,stb to the TV.... I would assume the TV can upscale a 480i signal just as well as the av receiver?

If your source is high def like for instance a HdDVD player...would it be best to just run hdmi from it to the tv, or if u had a receiver that upscales/deinterlaces would it be good to go through the receiver 1st? I probably will just have to do trial and error and see which gives the clearer picture, just wanted to get sum opinions from the experts...Thanks

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
It depends on the devices in question. There are some processors/receivers which very high end video processing in them that very few but the best video processors could compete with. Others are crap. You need to know what specifically you're dealing with or do the testing yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.