1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting up my new Marantz receiver. In the speaker set up menu

I have

-my mains set as large

-xover set at 80hz, which is for the rears only as the mains are set to large.

-sub is set to both, meaning mains and sub

when I play 2 channel stereo, are the mains still set are large?

Basically does the surround set up also control the set up for 2 channel stereo?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Yes, it applies the setup to all listening modes. BTW, I would really recommend not running them the way you have them setup. In 90%+ of situations, running mains as small is the best. It's rarely a good idea to run sub as "main+LFE".

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynberg /forum/post/12888203

Yes, it applies the setup to all listening modes. BTW, I would really recommend not running them the way you have them setup. In 90%+ of situations, running mains as small is the best. It's rarely a good idea to run sub as "main+LFE".

Thanks rynberg.

I actually have never run them that way before, but the owner suggested running them that way or at a 60hz crossover. Problem there is for 5.1 movies, the crossover is way too low for the surrounds and the receiver doesnt have independant crossovers. It actually sounds great. I have Era D5's.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
There is no way on earth you should be running D5s as "large". Run everything as small with an 80 Hz x-over, it will sound much better.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynberg /forum/post/12888859

There is no way on earth you should be running D5s as "large". Run everything as small with an 80 Hz x-over, it will sound much better.

I know it sounds crazy, exactly what I thought. One of the owners suggested here on AVS to run them as large and the sub setting as both, it sounds really good. I am still playing around.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&highlight=era

Post #768

1 - 5 of 5 Posts