Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Onkyo 606 reciever

Monitor 50s for fronts

Monitor 30s for rears

Polk CS1 for Center

Energy ESW-V10

I just want to make sure I'm getting the best sound out of my system I ran audessey and these are the speaker calibrations that it set the speakers up with:

They are all set to 80hz except the sub that is at 120hz and the volume level is 1 pass high way up. the phase is at 0 too

Fronts are -4.0 d.b.

Rears are 0.0 d.b

Sub is -15.0 d.b

Thank you for the help

Update:

I set the low bypass filter to bypass on the sub and turning the knob on my sub to 120hz and did the same to the lpf on the receiver and ran audssey and turned the volume down to 9 o clock on my subwoofer anything else?

Also all the speakers are still on full band so I didn't change the crossover because I was told that the setting above made the full band not full band I guess if I am explaining it right

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Not sure what you want to know. The levels are nothing anyone can help with as they are totally dependent on your setup.

A good starting bass management setting is setting all speakers to small with an 80hz crossover. Most speakers should not be run full range. If you have left/right speakers with good bass response, you could try 60hz there. Most center channels should be set to small.

Many people run small speakers for surrounds, and these should be set at 80hz. Audyssey should give you a rough idea of the proper crossover setting, but there's nothing wrong with experiementation.

Not sure what you mean by LPF. If a receiver has an LPF setting, that's usually best left at the default of 120hz. That would usually affect the LPF of the LFE signal, based on what I have read. Your manual would hopefully explain that setting.

Set your powered sub woofer's crossover to 120hz or turn it off. It's level control would ideally be set such that the receiver's level control is in the general area of 0. This does not need to be exact, but having it near 0, or even a bit lower seems best. If the receiver's sub level is quite high, like over +6 dB, you could increase the risk of pre amp clipping.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran audssey twice and it changed all my speakers to full band before it had them at 60hz and 80hz idk I'm confused

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.