AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi y'all.

So I set up my   Marantz receiver. Model number SR50001.

And can I get suggestions as to what 'surround mode' I should use. There CS 2 , Virtual, Stereo, Dolby PL 2x, Neo 6 Cinema, MCH stereo. I have a center, sub, front left & right, and left & right back speakers. Trying to find a good setting for playing indie music (like She & Him).

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks

·
Registered
4,777 Posts

Choose which ever sounds best to you.  For me, when it is standard 2-channel music I use stereo but feel free to experiment with the others.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thanks!

when using a lot of the settings, i feel like the treble is way too high, but with stereo setting it is not so high. It actually hurts my ears (some of those settings).

·
Registered
28,745 Posts
A lot of those sound modes are useless. For music I would use 2 channel stereo or multichannel stereo if you want sound from all speakers.

For movies let the receiver decode whatever signal is being sent. Dolby Digital, DTS, etc.
Quote:
So I set up my Marantz receiver. Model number SR50001.

I think you have too many zeros there. Should be SR5001

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt  /t/1523742/receiver-settings#post_24515748

A lot of those sound modes are useless. For music I would use 2 channel stereo or multichannel stereo if you want sound from all speakers.

For movies let the receiver decode whatever signal is being sent. Dolby Digital, DTS, etc.

I think you have too many zeros there. Should be SR5001
You are right its sr5001. and stereo is much better. other modes suck ASS.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificredhawk  /t/1523742/receiver-settings#post_24515508

also, if i am inputing my laptop sound to the receiver, at what level volume should i have the laptop to ( 1-100)?

100. Full volume.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts