AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an Onkyo HT-R430 6.1 receiver and now I can't hear any sound from the front left, surround left or surround back channels. I was listening to music from my PS3 earlier today and all the speakers were working correctly, I don't remember the speakers giving out then, but I wasn't exactly paying attention. Now I turned it on to watch TV and can't hear any sound from the above mentioned channels. I tried checking the speaker connections (highly doubt it's this, 3 speaker wires don't come lose in a few hours.

I tried using the test tone utility (to make sure it wasn't a problem with my TV sound output or PS3) and I can't hear sound from the 3 channels I mentioned earlier. I also tried connecting one of the working speakers to the outputs of the speakers that weren't working and no go. From what I know it's probably something dealing with the connections inside the receiver.

What might the problem be? Any way to fix it without having to buy a new receiver? I'm going into college this August and I won't have much money left over to buy something decent.

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for the long read.

Rick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
125 views, and not a single reply?

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Not a good sign when the test tones don't work, IMO. I would guess it's sick.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Have you tried resetting your system?

Page52:

To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down the [VIDEO 1/VCR] button, press the [STANDBY/ON] button. Clear will appear on the display and the AV receiver will enter Standby mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.