AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a Samsung 51PNE550D and am looking to upgrade my a/v receiver. I have a Sony STR-DE835 currently which I'm happy with, but would like HDMI switching, HDMI-CEC control and most of all, ease of operation.

I like the the Sammy HW-D7000 but it gets fairly poor reviews. Despite this, I'm seriously considering it for the Anynet+ functionality and built in Blu Ray.

With regard to integration, what would I loose by going with another manufacturers receiver?

I'm willing to sacrifice *a little* to make the system more user friendly for my wife and kids.

TIA

Smac

·
Banned
8,303 Posts
Starting point, what's your budget? Then one might answer questions surround expectations of the unit you purchase as pretty much, all today have HDMI capability.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458  /t/1419173/receiver-suggestion-for-samsung-based-system-hw-d7000#post_22200741

Starting point, what's your budget? Then one might answer questions surround expectations of the unit you purchase as pretty much, all today have HDMI capability.

I appreciate the reply.

Anyhow, budget wise I have to be honest, I like open box / discontinued / last years model etc. Even refurb deals are o.k. and was hoping to find a unit around $300 ish. I found the HW-D7000 on Amazon for $319, and I did need a Blu-Ray player until an hour ago, so I really REALLY wanted to like it. Picked up a BD-D5900 player about an hour ago so that's not a concern anymore.

I'm starting to lean towards an Onkyo 509/609 or Dennon xx12 and just saying to hell with Anynet+

Thanks again for taking time out to reply.

Smac

·
Banned
8,303 Posts
"Picked up a BD-D5900 player about an hour ago so that's not a concern anymore."

Sweet, I'm a big Samsung fan. We have the BD-C7900 Blu-ray player.

Are you in Dubai as everything points to UAE when I put "BD-D5900" into Google?

The reason that's important, this influences my recommendations as pretty much, everything I can recommend for you is US-centric and this can make obtaining recommended products, a bit difficult.

·
Banned
8,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smac61  /t/1419173/receiver-suggestion-for-samsung-based-system-hw-d7000#post_22201050

Oops E5900...

Last year's model, open box returns and referbs are all good. Vann's and Crutchfield are two good locations to check with.

As an example, Vann's Clearance Outlet is good.

The open box Denon AVR1712 they're selling a bit more than your stated budget at $319.82, is an excellent buy as this year's AVR1713 lists at $449.99 and the AVR1712 comes with Audyssey MultiEQ XT support. Tomorrow, with a simple phone call, you might be able to get a bit more knocked off and while at it, to sweeten the deal, see if you can get UPS ground delivery included in the price. I ordered a Marantz SR5007 from Vann's on Friday and UPS should have it here this coming Tuesday.

Hopefully the above gives you some ideas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Solid choices.

After doing a little research, I'm thinking about looking for an open box / refurb / used Denon AVR-2112CI.

Think I can find one for a little more than I had planed but worth it in the end...

Thanks,

Smac

·
Banned
8,303 Posts
Sweet choice. Never hurts to go a few bucks above the budget and the 2112CI is an excellent choice for both price and features. Looking forward to your comments when you get it up and running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts