AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a suggestion for a good receiver under $500. I need to have at least 2 HDMI input that capable of upscaling. It does not have to be a 7.1. I am confused with all this different term for HDMI, switching, repeater, passthrough. I need the receiver to be able to receive a bitstream audio signal and decode it and send it to my speaker. I also need the receiver to be able to do multichannel PCM. thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,637 Posts
Onkyo 507 or 607 (shoponkyo.com has refurbished units cheap), Pioneer 819 or 919, Denon 1610, Harmon/Kardon 254 or 354 from Ebay, Yamaha 665.


Personally a refurbished 607 or H/K 254 would be the way I would go. They are a step above the others. The Onkyo has the new DPllz (height channels) and would be the most tech packed. The 254 is a year older, but is a very good unit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/17038206


Onkyo 507 or 607 (shoponkyo.com has refurbished units cheap), Pioneer 819 or 919, Denon 1610, Harmon/Kardon 254 or 354 from Ebay, Yamaha 665.


Personally a refurbished 607 or H/K 254 would be the way I would go. They are a step above the others. The Onkyo has the new DPllz (height channels) and would be the most tech packed. The 254 is a year older, but is a very good unit.

How is the condition of a refurbished 607 or H/K 254? Are they still in excellent condition? I definitely interested in getting a refurbished onkyo 607. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotelmania /forum/post/17038976


How is the condition of a refurbished 607 or H/K 254? Are they still in excellent condition? I definitely interested in getting a refurbished onkyo 607. thanks

The refurbs are rebuilt at the service centers. Also, usually all updates have been added to them at that time. As for the Onkyo 607 as compared to the Denon 1910 there would be no comparison for its video processing capablities. The 1910 uses an ABT 2010 scaler while the 607 I believe is still using a Farougda DCDI. I may be wrong with this as I haven't read a lot about the 607. As for the condition I would expect them to look and behave as almost if not new. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong with these processors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,815 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have nailed down my choices to


onkyo 607 & 507 or denon 1910 & 1610. I do not need to have a 7.1 setup. Can anyone comment which one would be a better buy? How important is analog to HDMI conversion? when will I use that? thanks a bunch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotelmania /forum/post/17051268


I have nailed down my choices to


onkyo 607 & 507 or denon 1910 & 1610. I do not need to have a 7.1 setup. Can anyone comment which one would be a better buy? How important is analog to HDMI conversion? when will I use that? thanks a bunch

anyone? can all these receiver accept PCM?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top