AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just ordered the Energy C-50 surround sound that comes with 4x c-50 bookshelf speakers and 1x c-c50 center speaker. I am looking to get a receiver to match these well for hopefully around $300.00. The main use of this system will be for movies (via blu-ray), tv (via Verizon Fios HD DVR) video games (via XBOX 360), and occasionally music (mainly rap, hip hop, and occasionally rock or country. Let me know what receiver you think I should get. I would like to be able to take advantage of the hd audio format blu ray has to offer also. Thanks ahead of time for the help.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was originally looking at the HK AVR 254 so that is definitely a choice. Let me know which one you think would best fit for me and why thanks

·
Registered
29,113 Posts
They'll all fit your needs easily. The C-50 setup is a small bookshelf system and all the above receivers will work.

Its a matter of personal preference, looks, etc. They all have the same basic feature set. I'm a HK man myself, its actually a higher product line meant to compete with the Onkyo 606, Pioneer 1019 which all list for $499-$549. 2nd choice would probably be the Pioneer 919 because of the iPod connection.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone else have any other options then the ones listed let me know I am looking to find a good sale on one of these good receivers so we will see

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am bidding on a denon 1909 now is this receiver plenty good for what i need?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts