AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know a good high powered receiver I should buy that would run the 12 other speakers in my condo (2 each in 6 rooms...I have 5 being run by the primary receiver in my entertainment room). Don't need features, just good bang for the buck power. I've heard the Yamaha 777 is a good choice? :confused:

·
Registered
515 Posts
zr4630 from niles , or, if a straight amp would suffice, I can personally voche for the av1260 from B&K.....VERY SWEET!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. Actually was looking for something in the $500 range as it's going to only be powering one zone (12 speakers). Anything a little less pricey?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Arun, the only way to hook-up that many speakers to a rx777 without drawing power down to the ridiculous level would be to hook-up an autoformer ,like the niles sms10, to level impedance properly ...I guess this would deliver adequate listening quality as backround in a condo...but the autoformer is @ $300 so the 2 units together seem to exceed your budget.

Good luck with the project ,whole- house- audio is a blast!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response, Peccavi. I'm quite the novice so any expertise would be appreciated. What would be the best bang for the buck solution for my receiver problem (hopefully under $1k)?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The thing I linked to at crutchfield is only an example, do a search for it else where, and you can get for less $$$. There is prolly another brand or to that would make something like it. Dig around you might find something in your budget.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if my primary receiver already has two zones, I can just use an amplifier, correct? Or would I be better off getting another receiver to power the 2nd zone?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.