AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I hope this is in the right forum section.  I bought an older Sony DA3200ES Receiver that has 2 hdmi inputs.  My tv also has 2 hdmi inputs.  My tv is a 50 inch Samsung 1080P.  I thought I would hook the blu ray and computer to the receiver via hdmi, and then send one hdmi cable to the tv to reduce cables.  My computer set the max resolution to 1280X720, which is down from the 1920X1080 it is when hooked up to the tv.  When trying to use the blu ray player I don't get any video at all.  A message pops up on my screen telling me to change the device resolution/resolution not supported.  I tried lowering the blu ray video to 720P for kicks, but that didn't help.  I've since gone video from computer and blu ray to the tv and optical out from computer and blu ray for audio to the receiver.  That method works great, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to get the proper video signal from my receiver to the tv using hdmi.  Does my receiver have too old of hdmi protocol or something?  

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I solved my PC issue.  That was fairly easy.

On my Receiver I have the following video settings:

HDMI Power-Auto or Ever ON

Video Convert- ON or OFF

Progressive Out- ON or OFF (This setting is automatically OFF when Video Convert is OFF)

I set my receiver to Video Convert-OFF and my PC now shows up as 1920X1080 on the TV.  One issue taken care of.

Onto the BLU-Ray.  This has the following video settings:

TV Screen- 16:9 Full or 16:9 Normal

Resolution- 1080P, 1080i, 720P, 480i (I'm assuming it should always be 1080P since my TV is a 1080P)

Color Space- RGB, YCbCr, YCbCr422, Full RGB  

HDMI Deep Color- ON or OFF

HDMI 1080/24P- On or OFF (Whether going to TV or Receiver should I ever have this ON?)

What setting should I try on the Blu Ray and Receiver to get a picture from the receiver to TV?  

1 - 2 of 2 Posts