AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
Brand new this year you have the Onkyo TX NR709/RC370 as the lowest priced that still does.

Last year you have the NR708/RC270

Yamaha RX-V867(Been awhile since I checked, I think the 667 has it as well)

Beyond those(unless you go back even longer)...or unless you have a really low budget(which is???) you are out of luck under $1000 on new receivers.

Here's a hint on your search of "HDMI era" AVR's when it comes to multi-channel inputs...

If you see a receiver that still has a phono input...it also has multi-channel. (though that is NOT always the case...but it is almost a "norm"). Receivers lost Phono before they lost multi-channel. But it is rare(like the 867) for a receiver to have multi-channel and not have phono(the NR708/709 has both)

Honorable mention

Denon AVR3311 (does not have phono though...but Denon dropped phono well before everyone else did)

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
That was my point on the "search of old" AVR.

Most people will give a picture of the front of an AVR, but not of the rear. If you see a button marked PHONO(usually to the left of every other button)...it more than likely has multi-channel.

I hate searching Ebay and I find a receiver, then I have to google the receiver(yeah I know...big pain
) to see a rear picture of it.

Hint for people selling a receiver. A picture of the rear of it almost does more good than a picture of the front of it.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
I looked at the back of the 3311 and didn't see one, I'll look again...

It does indeed, I'm used to it being "away" from the rest of the inputs...

That is the usual way to spot the phono, two RCA's away from the rest with a ground. (of course it helps to actually read the inputs as well)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.