AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good receivers out there that will do a real good job of upscaling 480p component/hdmi to 720p hdmi and not cost a ton? Was looking at the XCM HDMI Baster, but not sure how it would do for $90. 1080p scaling might be interesting too, but not if it ups the costs too much. Thanks

·
Registered
30,174 Posts
there isn't going to be any cost difference with 1080p scaling, a receiver that can do one can generally do the other. Is your display 720p or something?

honestly though, the difference between scalers doing 480p>720p is going to be pretty minimal.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because he device I am feeding into does not support 480p. It does, however, support 720p. The XCM Blaster might be my best bet for the low cost. But I wanted something that also had HDMI input, optical toslink input and good picture quality.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
What device are you using to produce 480p and what is the display? Unless the source video is 480p (unlikely), You may be better off sending 480i and letting the display deinterlace and scale rather than a receiver.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
If your TV overscans, and you can't turn it off, I would not bother with receiver side processing.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexcode99 /forum/post/18154571

Because he device I am feeding into does not support 480p. It does, however, support 720p. The XCM Blaster might be my best bet for the low cost. But I wanted something that also had HDMI input, optical toslink input and good picture quality.

Be specific (i.e. manufacturer + model number) about the display and source device(s), and what you are trying to do, and folks will be more able to help you.

Your screen name has me guessing that you are a programmer, in which case you have probably seen this before:

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#goal

-Max

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.