AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any receives offers 2 way feedback for internet functions like Pandora when using their mobile apps?

Example: The same amount of control features and feedback with iPhone app so you can do all the same things without having to look at the TV on screen menu.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
28,801 Posts
I control my receiver with my Android phone and can play Pandora, Internet Radio apps etc without the TV screen on.

The station, song playing, volume levels, etc all appear on my phone. I can skip songs, change stations, adjust volume, change sound modes, turn on the sleep timer all with my Galaxy phone.

I think that is pretty common now.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. Do you get all the same control features and feedback as you would from the TV?

·
Registered
28,801 Posts
It probably can't do everything the provided remote can but the only internet apps I use are Pandora and the internet radio stations.

All I need it to do it power on/off, select the input, adjust volume, sound modes, change stations and use the sleep timer. I don't use Spotify or Sirius. I don't know what other functions you may need. All I know is I don't need the TV on to navigate for my purposes.

Maybe someone else will chime in...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe with Spotify that you have to use their official app to control via Spotify connect because they don't offer an API although I know Sonos can control so perhaps some receivers can too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts