AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previously, my 60" LG plasma was hooked up directly to the HDMI output of my computer. I set the computer's operating system (Windows 8) to turn off my TV after 10 minutes of inactivity. The computer couldn't turn the TV off, but it would cut the signal to the TV after 10 minutes, after which the TV would show the "No Signal" message, after which the TV would turn itself off (due to lack of signal) in a few minutes.

Now, my computer output goes into my new Yamaha receiver (RX375) and I have another HDMI cable going from the output of the receiver to the TV. Under this setup, my computer can be completely off (!) and the Yamaha still sends some sort of signal to the TV, preventing the TV from giving that "No Signal" message and turning itself off.

Is there any way that I can tell the Yamaha receiver to stop sending a signal to the TV if it's not getting a signal from the source?

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg2000  /t/1523232/receiver-wont-let-my-computer-turn-off-my-monitor-due-to-lack-of-use#post_24501260

Previously, my 60" LG plasma was hooked up directly to the HDMI output of my computer. I set the computer's operating system (Windows 8) to turn off my TV after 10 minutes of inactivity. The computer couldn't turn the TV off, but it would cut the signal to the TV after 10 minutes, after which the TV would show the "No Signal" message, after which the TV would turn itself off (due to lack of signal) in a few minutes.

Now, my computer output goes into my new Yamaha receiver (RX375) and I have another HDMI cable going from the output of the receiver to the TV. Under this setup, my computer can be completely off (!) and the Yamaha still sends some sort of signal to the TV, preventing the TV from giving that "No Signal" message and turning itself off.

Is there any way that I can tell the Yamaha receiver to stop sending a signal to the TV if it's not getting a signal from the source?

Check the users guide. If the feature for timing out the attached LCD exists, how to set it up will be there. If not, you are SOL.

http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com&asset_id=58851

Page 75 seems to cover your question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts