AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know which brands of AVR's allow you to set crossover frequency individually for front/center/etc? i.e. not just an adjustable frequency that applied to all speakers that are set to small? That way I can cross my front towers over at 50, and cross my surrounds over at 90hz for instance.

·
Registered
21,053 Posts
Anyone know which brands of AVR's allow you to set crossover frequency individually for front/center/etc? i.e. not just an adjustable frequency that applied to all speakers that are set to small? That way I can cross my front towers over at 50, and cross my surrounds over at 90hz for instance.
Denon and Marantz allow that. I set each speaker crossover where I want it. I currently have a Denon 4520.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aside from perhaps the cheapest / most basic AVRs, all of the newer receivers let you do that.

Popular mainstream brands include Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer, Marantz, Onkyo and Sony.
I've been looking at Yamaha receivers (since I currently have one and have been happy with its performance), and they seem to have adjustable crossover that affects all speakers, not individually adjustable.

·
Registered
781 Posts
My mid-level Marantz SR6003 was around $1,000 MSRP, circa 2009? and has a global setting, meaning only one crossover can be selected for all speakers. My newer, lower-end Denon X1000, which I think was $500 MSRP, has the ability to set each speaker individually. It also has Audeyssey MultEQ XT vs. basic MultEQ in the older, more expensive Marantz. As tech trickles down to cheaper models more features become standard.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You may need to look at Yamaha's higher end models, or at a different brand.
I looked at the manuals for their aventage line and still don't see individual crossover adjustment. This is disappointing, as I've always been a big Yamaha fan, and have had nothing but good performance and absolute reliability from the 2 Yamaha receivers I've had. I guess I will have to take a look at Denon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought a Denon X3100W b-stock last weekend and it has this feature.

·
Premium Member
13,406 Posts
Mr. Horse said:
I looked at the manuals for their aventage line and still don't see individual crossover adjustment.
I apologize for the incorrect information. I was under the impression that adjustable crossover settings per channel (or channel pair) had become more commonplace.

·
Registered
738 Posts
My Sony DH800 from 2009 does this so I would imagine it's commonplace with most receivers these days. Best thing to do if you have a particular model in mind is check the manual.

·
Registered
12,310 Posts
Harman/Kardon was the 1st AVR brand that had the capability of setting unique X-over frequencies for each loudspeakers. I don't remember the 1st model series but I think it started with 10 series such as AVR310, 510....

Just my $0.02... ;)

·
Registered
Display: TCL 65R617, AVR: Denon X2300W, Source: PS4 Pro, Fronts: Infinity Primus 250
3,018 Posts
Denon for sure.

Probably Onkyo as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts