AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is not the appropriate forum, I apologize in advance...

I am trying to come up with a way of storing all of my music in an easily accessible format that I can bring with me or play in my home with very good quality. I am currently thinking that an iPod would be a good medium to store my music but I'm not sure if there is a good solution available to get good digital signals into a receiver.

Are there any receivers out there that allow a true digital connection from the iPod? Does anyone have any experience with this that could comment on the sound quality? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal
If this is not the appropriate forum, I apologize in advance...
I would think the "Amps, Receivers & Processors" would be a better place to ask.

Quote:
I am trying to come up with a way of storing all of my music in an easily accessible format that I can bring with me or play in my home with very good quality. I am currently thinking that an iPod would be a good medium to store my music but I'm not sure if there is a good solution available to get good digital signals into a receiver.

Are there any receivers out there that allow a true digital connection from the iPod? Does anyone have any experience with this that could comment on the sound quality? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
The phrase "true digital connection" is the one that got me - sooner or later, their has to be a conversion to analog so the signal can be amplified and sent to the speakers - no? What do you gain by having the conversion done in the receiver instead of the iPOD? Wouldn't a PC and one of the new "networked" receivers be a better storage medium?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.