AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any decent home theater receivers with multi preset eq's (flat, rock, pop, etc)? This is very common in auto stereos and boom boxes. My older Sony ES had a little of this, where you could choose the equalizer setting per source and per radio station. But the more recent Yamaha receiver I have doesn't seem to do this. There are about 30 soundfields, but they have reverb and such, which I mostly find annoying.

I'd like to calibrate my system to be flat, then choose the equalizer to match the type of music.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Solid State AVR's are already designed to give you a flat response from 20hz to 20khz. Most decent speakers are designed to do the same. Not a good idea, at least form an audiophile prospective to introduce tone/dsp/eq alterations.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they give flat responses, which is fine for listening to some types of music and for watching movies. And from an audiophile perspective, its desirable to hear what the recording is meant to sound like. But sometimes I'm in the mood for a little more mid-bass and bass, especially when listening to some classic rock. So it would be nice to switch to that preset that I'm in the mood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.