AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am overloaded with choices. I have $500. to spend and would like to stay away from HTIAB. Without starting a war I need at least optical, PLII, no seperate amp, and 5.1 input. HK/ Yamaha? Pioneer? Help me make this choice clear as mud.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Any Denon. The 2802 can be had for around $550.00 now. The street price of the 1802 is about $400.00.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
448 Posts
I vote Denon again!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check out the Sony line, both BB and CC carry them, but I would get it online not retail at those two!

The DE-975 and DE-1075 can be had for under 500 bucks. The Denons would be better but going with Sony's lower line you'll get a cheaper price..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, Denon it shall be.====Now to find a quick deal with quicker shipping before my wife finds the milk money missing. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Be careful buying Denon over the internet or from any non-authorized dealer. According to their website, they don't honor the warranty if not purchased from an authorized dealer. Unless you get a steal or are really comfortable with the dealer you purchase from, I would consider looking into a brick and mortar authorized dealer. Most authorized dealers don't advertise less than MSRP prices, however, but if you show up at the store, you can typcially get a decent deal.

Just my $0.02.

-Brett

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in the market for a reciever too.

J&R ( www.jandr.com ) has the HK AVR320 for $500 plus $28 shipping. They are an Authorized HK dealer. In case you didn't know, it has pre-amp ins and outs for all channels, all the current surround modes except DD-EX, and are one of the few Manufacturers that actually output the power they advertise to all channels (Outlaw may be another, but no DPII).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the specs on the Denon AVR 2802 but the local B&M here in Chicago want retail $799-- OUCH!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.