AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Charter cable in Ponchatoula,LA. I pay for basic cable and the hd package.I receive the hd movies also and was wondering if that is part of package or not. I enjoy this but would probably not subscribe for movie package. So is this luck or not.

·
Banned
218 Posts
only the first month is free. they zap it and if you still want it, charge you $18. that's how comcast hd was. i know i was happy like you, getting 6 movie channels. milk it while you still can

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pay $8.00 for hd channels but not anything for the 11 movie channels.

Could the dvr have some kind of malfuction. I have been receiving this well over a year now.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
If it's not showing up on your bill, either it's part of your package and not itemized, or it isn't getting encrypted. Which could be a glitch in the DVR. I would think that would be unlikely, but I guess it's possible.

Check Charter's website and put in your area and see what all their HD tier includes.

·
Banned
218 Posts
nothing is free dude. here in san jose, ca for comcast hd, the box is $7 and the channels are $7. if you want premium channels it's another $18

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Not every cable company is the same, though. They vary wildly in pricing structures.

Charter must include it in whatever package he has, then.

HD channels come included with my TWC digital package. They're not itemized on my bill at all, and I didn't have to pay extra at any time. My bill also didn't go up one iota when I went from a standard box to an HD box.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Mine's $130 or so, but that's for everything; Internet, cable, phone, and two cable boxes. I shredded the bill after I paid it a few days ago, so I don't recall what the breakdown was.

I have the standard digital cable package which is the service and one tier. Mine's the Variety Tier, and that has the local networks, Discovery, TNT, FX, TBS, SciFi, a few sports, news, and other channels, all in HD (plus about 200 or so SD digital channels and some stuff in analog/digital simulcast.) They've added more and more HD channels and the cable portion of the bill hasn't increased. Not bad. There's only a handful of SD channels that I watch anymore.

·
Banned
218 Posts
yeah we pretty much have the same ****. i think when i had the premium channels it was just part of the promotional package. nothing in life is free lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts