Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See: http://www.fcc.gov/oet/info/document...s/trb_00_1.doc

Looks like a last-minute attempt by the FCC to cover its ass in what has proven to be a disastrous mistake- the selection of 8-VSB over COFDM.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world has tested and re-tested COFDM versus 8-VSB and has discarded 8-VSB as an inferior system. In both Great Britain ad Italy they will complete the transition to DTV many years, if not decades, before the US.

Only opportunity for the nations 1600 broadcasters to survive in the OTA market is with COFDM and they well know it. Hope at that the upcoming NAB Annual Meeting that 8-VSB will be exposed as what it truly is: a fraud on the American public...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Utne:

In both Great Britain ad Italy they will complete the transition to DTV many years, if not decades, before the US.
Which is entirely a function of the lack of CATV penetration in those countries. Compared to existing analog OTA, digital "multichannel" OTA has broad mass market appeal there, and mass-market-priced DTVs are available.

In the USA, mass market reception of broadcast TV is via cable. Probably the majority of the country still thinks it is illegal to even install an outdoor OTA antenna in their community (contrast that to the typical rooftop of a building in the UK or Italy)!

The minutia of modulation specifics has little influence in this situation.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
What happened to the original thread on this subject, which, if I'm not in the Twilight Zone, was two pages long and still on the front page this morning? Are we seeing some administrator action?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
While I am all for free speech, this is getting out of hand. As a fellow moderator, I think it is time for someone with authority to step into this one !!!!!

-rick

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Here-here Rick.

------------------

Geof

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.