Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sony not as good as others

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Best Buy Tv section chatting with a salesmen. He indicated that sony was not as good as they used to be, he thinks they have been declining the last few years. Is sony still a top tier lcd maker or are others like samsung, toshiba, and LG over taking them?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISGEOFROMGREE /forum/post/15578383

sony is still one of the best tv manufacturers anyway,its the fact that other manufacturers have also made great improvements

Excellent point and very well said.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Kamikaze=- /forum/post/15578940

Hannibal (Samsung) is at SONY's gates.

I own both samsung and sony, samsung is not even close. Samsung has made alot of improvements over the years. The only reason why samsung has come up so quickly is because of their prices.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim100 /forum/post/15578352

Is sony still a top tier lcd maker or are others like samsung, toshiba, and LG over taking them?

Sony's still top-tier, love their picture quality, but their pricing just isn't great.

Samsung's making inroads because their pic quality is comparable, and their prices are better. Sony's now #2 in the US, behind Sammy, last I checked.

On top of that, Sony's going to post a $1 billion plus loss in the latest quarter, according to reports. So I don't know how much room they have to compete on price.

I want to see Sony become cutting-edge competitive again, because then the consumer wins... more competition is always good. But I'm not sure they have it in them. I used to work for them, and the way things operate around there is not of the best. Just not confidence-inspiring.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I used to be all Sony when it was made in Japan. These days, depending on type of product, there are better choices, Sony no longer has a monopoly on top quality.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sony's hardware and design is still in the category of stunning; their software however is total poo. Like is said over and over again, if Sony just stuck to hardware and outsourced their software, they'd be once again unstoppable (provided prices are right.. something they're also utterfly stubborn about).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts