AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the edge lit vizio led model m420nv. I did a bit of searching on this forum to get an answer but didnt find much. I am having a problem with the black scenes, the shadows look almost fake or pastel looking no matter what the settings are. Also, at times there is a purplish tint to the screen. I know thats not right. I was wondering if thats a cause of the LED edge lit or if its a bad tv. It also doesnt have that clear crisp picture some of the time, thinking thats the edge lit and the fact that its not backlit. Im thinking of getting rid of it and buying a Samsung 630 or Sony ex500. Thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Both of the other models you mentioned are among the best reviewed TVs on the Forum this year. Very few people have anything bad to say about either one, but the Sony EX500 seems to be the overall favorite.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by majungier /forum/post/19598271

Thats what I've been hearing. Although this vizio looks great when its a bright picture but dark scenes and shadows look awful. Is that due to edge lighting?

Yes. Exchange the edge-lit garbage for the Vizio XVT3SV series which is true full-array back-lit LED with local dimming. Blacks are pitch black and there's no screen uniformity issues. Best full-array LED on the market, especially for the price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts