AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using an Air2PC card in a MythTV box to receive OTA HDTV. On some programs, I get a very wavy picture that looks like this

Oddly, during some commercials, the wavy picture goes away. If a show is wavy, the whole show is wavy, but the next show might not be. Am I having reception issues or is there something else going on?

·
Registered
690 Posts
That's an interlace artifact, modified somewhat by the deinterlace filter. In the MythTV menu you have while watching a show, try the various "video scan" settings -- in particular "Interlaced (Reversed)".

It's probably either a bug in MythTV or a problem at the station. I'd bet on MythTV, but is it only on one channel?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm finding that it is any channel. While watching Heroes last night I tried the various deinterlace filters and none of them seemed to make a big difference. Reverse appeared to have some affect, but it could have been coincidence. Maybe I'll post this question on a mythtv board.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce /forum/post/0

If this is a PC card, wouldn't the PC forum be a better place to post?

I have zero experience with digital TV reception and it seemed that I could save myself a lot of time if I first found out if the issue I'm having is reception related or not.

With the info nybbler was able to give me, I can look at the hardware and software with a little bit of knowledge of just what I'm trying to fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.