AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
I'm wondering how things will change with the season too. I bought my Dish 6000 in February. I sometimes only get my PBS when the weather is poor ( I'm guessing it cuts down on multipaths).

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
I tend to have worse reception also once I get leaves. But someone also mentioned recently that it might also be blamed somewhat on daylight savings time. It has something to do with the ionization of the air in the day time. The days get gradually longer but there is that one sudden noticeable jump when we go to DSL.

Last week I noticed an increase of drop outs on my local UPN channel and I don't even have leaves on the trees yet here. But it may have been just a fluke, a one time thing.

- Tom

·
Registered
778 Posts
These are my observations over the last two years. Leaves by themselves= not much difference. Leaves + Wind=more drop-outs. Leaves + wind + rain=worst case scenario. I have a roof mounted CM4228 with pre-amp, and lots of large oak trees.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't know about the effect of leaves, but my reception is definitely better in the summer when the air is humid. I get far fewer dropouts from multipath reflections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.