AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made some soffets that are about 6.5 inches deep. With the space taken up by studs, I have about 3.5 inches of "width" in which to insert a recessed light. I have plenty of length to work with, just a narrow width. The recessed accent lights I have seen at Home Depot reguire a 4 inch opening are about 5.5 inches wide. Does anybody know of some small accent lights that are recessed?

My guess is that this space is too small to put in a recessed light. I could always mount lights on the outside of the soffet, if a recessed option does not exist.

Regards,

Hal

·
Registered
2 Posts
You might try the low voltage halogen "pucs." They are desiged for under cabinets and accent lighting. They don't have a huge output, but meet your size requirements; about 3" diameter and 1" tall.

Brian

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I've seen the "pucks" at HD, and those are an option. One of the pucks has a semi-recessed mode. I am not sure how well they will work with drywall as they are made for cabinets, but I am pretty sure they would work. However, I think those Eurofase lights would do the trick. I'll check around and see if I can find them locally. Even though this is "new construction", it seems that the "retrofit" ones may work better. The Fiber optics stuff is interesting, but probably not what I am looking for.

Regards,

Hal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.