AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move if needed.

I am having a new flat screen mounted next week by my CI, and he said instead of installing a recessed wall outlet and HDMI outlet up on the wall, he would just install one of those wire pass through boxes, run the power and HDMI through it and down the wall, then through another wire pass box. he would plug the end of the power cable into the existing outlet that is down low and obviously the HDMI into my receiver. Is this an OK way of doing it? The last TV I mounted myself, I actually ran a new recessed power outlet up high behind the TV with one of the wire pass throughs for the HDMI.

·
Registered
586 Posts
For the HDMI cable, yes I would recommend the pass through as that will be fewer connection points to degrade your signal (ie. no jacks/couplers to deal with).

For the power... it is against code to pass an extension cord like this. You should use a PowerBridge or something similar. http://www.powerbridgesolution.com/

Where did you find this CI? I'd be concerned with his recommendation which is a code violation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts