AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to have movie posters and other décor on my theater wall lit by recessed wall washed lighting (to be installed in my suspended ceiling). Looking at lighting sites hasn't turned up any specs on the light patterns thrown for various wall wash trims - I'd like to have pretty even coverage in order to change the wall content to satisfy WAF as necessary. Does anyone have a good resource or rule of thumb for recessed light wall washing - size, spacing, etc.? I have a 7'8 ceiling, posters start at 6 from the ceiling and are 40 high, the width of the space is 16'.

Thank you!

·
Registered
469 Posts
When I looked into this I did notice that the Halo Corporation (Commercial Electric) did have this information on their website in chart form. If you go to the trim pages there are PDF forms that have what you are looking for.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The fixture will have to have excellent optics in order to light the wall 6" from the ceiling. Might have to go with something which is not totally recessed like an eyeball.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been looking at the Halo 430, a wall wash trim for a 6" can:

I can't find any light throwing specs for it though, Halo's literature says:
  • Designed to spread light close to the ceiling to eliminate the "cave effect"
  • Provides a smooth even illumination

The buggers cost about $55 ea. so I'd like to be certain as to how many I need. Has anyone else used these?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Depending on what your budget is, LBL Lighting has the answer. I have some of there lights in my HT and they are impressive. BTW, this is a low voltage system and they (LBL) have more options than you can "shake a stick at"

If they're over your budget, which you can easily do, Contec and Juno offer somewhat better pricing allbeit less choices. Good Luck

·
Registered
469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroberts /forum/post/12918723

I've been looking at the Halo 430, a wall wash trim for a 6" can:

I can't find any light throwing specs for it though, Halo's literature says:
  • Designed to spread light close to the ceiling to eliminate the "cave effect"
  • Provides a smooth even illumination

The buggers cost about $55 ea. so I'd like to be certain as to how many I need. Has anyone else used these?

I was thinking about the Halo 430P trim (the one with the black inset). I am planning on using this to light my marquee. Fortunately I only need one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts