AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently recieved a file from a friend..it downloaded fine..My problem is..That during playback of this movie clip that he sent me..an old show that I deleted long time ago cuts in and out of the clip..In other words..this movie that I already delelted a month ago is mysteriously showing up agian as blips in this new movie I am trying to watch...Anyway to get rid of this..If I deleted the show than why the hell can I still see it? If in fact replay is like a computer and files are juse being wriitten on top of other files...Can I do a defrag or scandisk of some sort....Please help....Thanks ....BTW I have a 5040 replay....

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Wow... never heard or seen of anything like this.

Do you run DVArchive? Can you download the file / clip to your PC and see how it plays? Are you sure there wasn't something funny on your friend's side?

Ultimately, if this was determined to truly be the result of some sort of file corruption, the best advice (assuming you are OK with voiding the warranty) would be to pull the drive, run the manufacturer's diag tests, and if OK, reformat, repatch and reinstall.

Alternately, you could always do a factory reset.

But either course seems a little drastic at this point with no other symptoms of severe disk corruption.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Very very strange. Rather than taking plyons up on his suggestions (which are very good), I would delete the show and request it again as a starting point. If that file is screwy then I would consider the factory reset. If that doesn't work, then I'd patch the drive after testing it.

Just my lousy $0.02 worth,

Matthew in CO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.