AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far so good, looks beautiful. Its the month of May model from amazon, didn't notice any hardcore FB so far, keeping my fingers crossed. I got a little bit of IR it looks like from the stupid ****ing auto channel tuner that took 20 mins and I had to cancel fearful of burn in. I did quiet a few searches and can't find any of D-nice Calibration Settings, was hoping someone could help me out with a link. Thanks =)

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
We can't post the link so just Google "dnice st30 panel prep" and it's the second result. I bought my ST30 in may and I haven't had any issues with FBR. I went on youtube and looked at when it occurs on other sets and watched the same material on mine. There is a fix now if you FBR just call Panasonic but don't think your set automatically has because it was not made in August.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Only issues im noticing is it looks like this strange speckled dirty spot under the screen, a discoloration almost, lighter then the rest of the picture, as if the whole screen was dirty and someone wiped 2 fingers across it. About 3 inchs tall and half an inch wide. Only seems to be noticeable on the slides.

Maybe im just freaking myself out lol

Also I had a question on changing the black bars color when watching movies/TV. How come the option to change 4:3 side bars isn't allowed to be selected?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
You may have to switch to an SD input. If I tune to an actual SD channel(480i) my gray bars come on automatically. When I am playing an HD source and they broadcast 4:3 the tv is seeing 1080 and won't see the need for side bars. It will tell you what the source resolution is when you hit the "info" button. Hope this helps, this is the way it works on my G10.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.