AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize for the complete lack of knowledge, but after hours upon hours of searching and trying to educate myself, I am now simply begging for AVS Forum help!

My current setup:

Samsung PN59D8000 (no peeling, thank you Samsung!)

Onkyo HT-RC160 reciever

Samsung BD-5500 3d Blu-ray player

BIC F12 sub

Klipsch Quintet SL

I plan on eventually upgrading speakers, but this was the best I could do at the time, and they actually sound really good (for 250 bucks newegg deal), and the sub is AMAZING!

With my current reciever, the apps on the tv produces sound that comes from the TV, rather than the reciever. I am trying to upgrade in order to make this as easy as possible on myself (and my wife and mother-in law, the least amount of explaining how to use as possible is a good thing!), combined with the fact that I can hear pauses and delays in the sound as it is passed through the reciever sometimes (I am guessing it is from conversion or processing in the reciever). I mainly use the reciever for movies, apps to view shows for my son, and light music. My budget is around 400-500 dollars.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
29,191 Posts
If your Samsung can stream Netflix and other apps just connect an optical cable from the TV to the receiver for audio. That should do the trick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just from the cable box thus far. I know that the cable only comes out 1080i, and was wondering if it was due to the reciever trying to upconvert to 1080p.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts